What are the diffrences of the two hemispheres

Ask anything about anything; I'll do my best to help.

What are the diffrences of the two hemispheres

Unread postby Kathryn » Wed 23 Sep 2009 12:30 pm

From your article Vol 2 No 1 13 Shamanism you wrote ...

In some ways I create my own tradition by adapting the Northern Hemisphere’s traditions and teachings to suit the Southern Hemisphere. I do not do this to be disrespectful to those who have kept these traditions and passed them on, but as a way of helping myself and maybe others to understand life as it is experienced here, in the Southern Hemisphere.

I am curious about what tradition you speak of and what it means by Northern vs Southern Hemisphere
Kathryn

Re: What are the diffrences of the two hemispheres

Unread postby Sitting Owl » Wed 23 Sep 2009 12:36 pm

There is a fundamental difference in the directional flow of energy in the two hemespheres, like the sun; but some argue whether we consentrate on sunwise or earthwise, but I don't think it makes a difference. As the earth's relationship to the sun creates the movements from day to night and spring to winter. In the Northern hemishere the sun rises in the east and travels in a clockwise movement over a southerly arc to the west. In the Southern hemisphere the sun still rises in the east, the power of spirit, birth, illumination, and enlightenment; and travels in an anticlockwise movement over the north to the west. So to understand, feel, and live in harmony with the universal energies it helps, but is not manditory, to understand these things according to the energy flow you are in. Obviously some interesting things happen at the extreams like the poles and equator.

I hope this helps; as I could go on and on explaining the connections of all subjects, but that is numerous books worth and that's not what I'm here to do; the books are out there.
Sitting Owl

Return to Ask Sitting Owl