Emotional Shutdown

Emotions; the Energy (Spirit) in Motion. The effects of cellular memory. Some from the universal fundamentals of the dual nature of manifest life, and some from personal, sometimes traumatic, experiences.

Emotional Shutdown

Unread postby Admin » Mon 14 Sep 2009 8:10 pm

Originally posted on Facebook July by: Catherine 20th July 2009

Hi

Thank you for your comments to my e-mail. Perhaps when you get a chanceyou might elaborate on how people (mostly men) close the door onsomeone and can manage not to look back. How on earth is that possible?

xxxooo Catherine
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Emotional Shutdown

Unread postby Sitting Owl » Mon 14 Sep 2009 8:31 pm

posted 29th july 2009

Namaste' Catherine

"how people (mostly men) close the door on someone and can manage not to look back. "

They learn to close themselves off to all forms of spirit and emotions to avoid being hurt any more, but that just hurts, damages, and kills our spiritual connection; sure they can still know knowledge, but have no wisdom. This subject of emotions are enormous because the majority of people in our society are riding what I call 'The Rollercoaster' of highs and lows, but if we are always trying to find the middle ground, we don't have to suffer as much; and in time the ups and downs seem to loose their extremes and we can cruise through any rough bits relatively easily. But this is also easily confused with the symptoms of shutting down to many outside observers. It sounds to me that the man you speak of has found that any contact brings up all sorts of emotional suffering and is therefore in avoiding mode.

I hope this helps, but feel free to question me further.
Sitting Owl

Re: Emotional Shutdown

Unread postby Admin » Tue 15 Sep 2009 1:20 am

Originally posted by: Catherine on 20th July 2009
Again this has been posted from a message to me through Facebook.

"how people (mostly men) close the door on someone and can manage not to look back. "

They are being hurt either because of resistence or because it is bringing up pain to be released but that just hurts and blocks the normal healing process; because they are not connecting to their emotions anymore . ..'The Rollercoaster' of highs and lows yes, whatever it takes to heal and release past pain, the middle ground is denial of what presents itself. We don't have to suffer as much true but at what cost?; in time the ups and downs seem to loose their extremes - no, not if the emotions are denied access to the conscious awareness. we can cruise through any rough bits relatively easily only when we have done the hard work of bringing pain or fear up and have released it, not before. This process can take years - where are the men that can handle that sort of pressure and come out the other side free of the past and thus able to get into relationship of another kind not continue to repeat the same?

Catherine
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Emotional Matters